Saturday, February 27, 2010

The neglected

Every photographer has piles of neglected photos I'm sure. Somedays when you're finished a shoot, you grab what you needed at the time and move on. I come across these neglected photos from time to time when I am working on different projects, doing archival work etc... Sometimes they're beautiful images, other times it's just plain nostalgia and interesting subject matter to me. camnikkel.com was started in the first place to share what I've been holding on to for twenty plus years. There will always be more to share. Here are a few samples. Enjoy!

I'm not even sure who his is. Probably the reason it was passed over the first time around.


Early morning "Old Fart Skate Jam" line up at the bowl two summers ago.


My friend Patti and her son hanging out at the skate park for an event


A young Lance McKenzie (early 90's)at The Royal Albert with Crown of Thorns


These next few shots were originally shot on Kodak slide film. They were never slide mounted, still sitting in the original strips tucked away in an envelope for close to twenty years. When I originally scanned them a few years ago I gave up as they were pitted, scratched, dusty etc... I never use the "digital ice" on my Nikon 5000ED neg scanner because it doesn't work with black and white. I rarely scan colour images. Today I tried them again using the digital ice and I was blown away. Slides that looked like they were dragged behind my skateboard in the rain, brought back to life! Super stoked.

Scott Truong (former SK8 Skates team rider if my memory serves correct) sitting on the steps at the West End Cultural Centre early 90's


Rakia (left), Sylvia (right) and their friend? (centre) working the drink ticket table at the West End Cultural Centre early 90's.


Mike Josephson (Longshot Records) outside of the W.E.C.C. early 90's


...stay tuned more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment