Saturday, March 6, 2010

Canadian Hemophilia Society-Mantoba Chapter-2010 Gala Dinner

Last night was the 7th annual Gala Dinner for the CHS Manitoba Chapter. This was my 4th year in attendance to support roommate # 1 and his cause.

Sure Jon Ljungberg from Breakfast Television was there and Winnipeg's Mayor Sam Katz, but I tracked down some celebrity sightings more relevant for the purpose of Pancakes and Skateboards.

John Campbell was the event photographer for the evening and is seen here sampling the fine goods accompaning the five course meal.


Roommate # 2 missed the beard growing contest at the 2010 Festival du Voyageur, so he thought he'd try to win some points with the craziest beard at Gala 2010?


Just when you were wondering if this blog had anything to do with skateboarding...I give you the most unexpected celebrity sighting of the evening. The creator of the Green Apple legacy Roan and his girlfriend Erin.


This was part of one of the raffle prize packages. It was a mini lap top with an array of Mercedes Benz aparrel. I thought it would be hillarious rolling up to the skate park in my 58' 219 head to toe in Mercedes gear. No such luck


This is where I fit in to the Gala picture... Every year I donate some printed art to raise money at the silent auction. This year I donated this 46x29.5" giclee print and the first pressing of my "I don't want to be your wedding photographer book" (see previous post). Both the print and the book took in $350 each, bringing the grand total generated from my work for this cause over $3500 to date!


The evening ended with some Retro Rythm Review. A local 10 pc act putting the final touches on the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment