Thursday, May 6, 2010

Crown of Thorns 1989 Part I

I made a deal with my friend Lance to find some old Crown of Thorns photos and in return he'd hook me up with some mp3's of some of my local favourites, Mourning Sickness, Pipsqueek, Stretch Marks etc.... This is a good thing as I don't even think I have the old demo tapes from these bands in playable condition anymore if at all.

I did an initial search for some of these images and came up empty handed. Tonight I bumped in to another local photographer who has his own personal archives that outweigh mine in many ways. His include bands like The Dead Kennedy's, Stretch Marks and I can only imagine.

So thinking about his archives reminded me about my promise to look through my own again and voila. The scanning for Crown of Thorns circa 1989 has begun!

Original front man Dan Philipot


Lance himself. More to come Lance I promise!


It's a perfect time to get nostalgic writing about local greats like The Stretch Marks etc... cause The Stretch Marks just happen to be playing this Sunday with the Dickies and T.S.O.L.! Sorry people...in Las Vegas. I only wish it was in the cards to be at that show myself this weekend. You can't always say there'll be a next time for these sorts of events.

No comments:

Post a Comment