Sunday, May 16, 2010

Skate and Destroyed

What kind of skateboarder would I be if I didn't go hit up a skate park less than 2 hours after having a brand spanking new cast applied?

We hit up Komenda and there was crew from Oak Bank ripping up the park.

After breaking out the camera to take a few shots of my son, the Oak Bank crew asked if I'd take some shots.

Everything was going well at first.

Shane pulled a nice ollie off a bank.


I shot some board slides,5-0's, 50-50's and Adam's nose grind


I started setting up for a new shot and I hear Adam yelling "No!" I turned around and this is what I saw...


No I didn't whip out the camera and start shooting. After taking First Aid/CPR 3 times over the last 10 years I finally actually have to put my knowledge to work, have someone call 911, have someone go wait at the end of the street for the ambulance, deny Adam his multiple requests to drink some H20 as he was no doubt in shock etc... I let him squeeze my hand, assure him that help is on the way and THEN ask him if he'd like me to take pictures of his arm for future reference and he agrees. Hopefully he doesn't have another photo op. like this again in his lifetime,


Help comes, morphine is added to the I.V. and off he goes to the hospital for surgery to have a bone fragment removed from his severely dislocated elbow with a broken bone. Can you say OUCH?! If you know this guy. Send him your get well cards now!

No comments:

Post a Comment