Sunday, October 10, 2010

Celebrity sightings, skateboarding, biker gangs and fashion shows

You'd have to be quick if you were going to catch Eric at the bowl this year. As you can guess by his hair style, his rock n' roll night life has bit in to his early a.m. skateboarding routine. He was on the Skyway team in the 70's, he still rips it up hard on both his guitar and skateboard.

Local celebrity sighting # 1 for the day: Eric


This is the first time I've seen Eric and Celeste in over a year, so I guess it's a good thing we stopped by Northstar Drive-In for lunch on their last day of open for the season.


Everything was on schedule. Lunch in the North End of Winnipeg and continuing north to Selkirk to meet Fred and friends. Knowing that we are on our way to meet Fred told me I had all the time in the world to get there and we'd still beat him to the skate park. So we dropped by the new Red River Community Club park on our way to check out construction and things ae looking good. I didn't take any pictures, but we'll be back there soon enough.

Fred clearing the bank at Selkirk.


Selkirk local Bryce; with a hippy jump.


It's quite apparent that you can have fun on this banked extension for hours.

Ross with some blunt stall nose grab action


Drew with a mean bert slide


Marky


It was decided that Drew wins more points for style on this dual front side rock


The crew and their Hondas a.k.a. Biker Gang.


The assistant invited us out to the Hush clothing store sushi and champagne party/fashion show.


The assistant and Mr. Serious face after she strutted around the store.


A supermodel showing off the goods in a quick and fun floor store runway strut.


This girl kept staring at me, then I go to talk to her and she wouldn't even give me her #. Daaang.


Met a girl named Randy and her friend named...Laura? Randy asked me if I was the "photo guy". I showed her I was by asking to take a picture of her and her witty name tag.


So here we are with celebrity sighting # 2 for the day.

On Friday night my friend Wes Tully posted a link to this 1992 Red Fisher video from the Johnny Sizzle show.


Just after 5 minutes in to the video it gets crazy with Wycliff (Dementia 5, Beach Mutants) doing his guest vocals for the infamous "Jabba" song. At about 6:45 you'll see O.G. SK8 Skates team rider Rob K. stripping down to his boxer shorts prior to stage diving. So I thought to myself...where's Rob K at?

Well less than 24hrs later, I get my answer. Rob K. board in hand. Osborne Village. Amazing!


When the kids start to climb the walls (or in this case a pole)... it's time to call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment