Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a shame.

I usually cringe and curse at the idea of European or foreign films being Americanized. All that effort spent just for those who can't stand the thought of reading subtitles or feel it's not worth their while if they don't recognize the actors from a multitude of Hollywood blockbusters put out in the same year?

Two movies that come to mind on their way to the masses with the "American" version are Let The Right One In and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I've already seen them. They were great. Why re-make them? ...WHY? (that's rhetorical of course as the answer is always $$)

So a co-worker tells me to watch the T.V. show Shameless which airs on Movie Central. I had already recorded it based on the commercial and had forgot to check it out until he mentioned it. I loved it...I've been raving about it. I thought it was well written etc...


Well good show or not, the joke is on me...it's not well written. It's re-written. Faulty Towers and Are You Being Served were always some of my favourites....why couldn't they just have aired the original? I would have been content with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment