Friday, March 4, 2011

The C Word

Tonight the Manitoba Chapter of the Canadian Hemophilia Society is hosting their 8th Annual Gala Dinner. I probably should have mentioned this earlier, but as it's the first time in that last four years that I have not attended the dinner I guess it slipped my mind.

All is not lost as there were quite a few cases of nice people doing nice things going down today.

I had dragged myself out of bed earlier than usual to attend a fund raiser breakfast down the street.


I stocked up on raffle tickets for some of the sweet donated prizes. One of which was a basket crammed with TWELVE $20 Falafel Place Gift Certificates! I am jealous of whoever took that basket of awesomeness home!

I left with my hands empty so I greased the roommate's palm with some more cash to take with him to the Gala dinner so he can bring me home and ipad at least! Ha!

As if being the President of the Manitoba Hemophilia Society Chapter isn't enough...before he leaves to help run his own fund raising gala he insists three years is long enough and it's time to put his money where his mouth is and cuts his locks of for cancer!


Done and done!

I hope to post up a link of anything I missed tonight at a later point should anyone in attendance be posting some pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment