Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Snow cones on the dance floor

It's not the first thing I think of when I hear the phrase "All Ages Show", but when I see snow cones while attending a live hardcore show I quickly realize I am indeed at an All Ages event.


Not only was this a momentous occasion for me to return to the "Punk Douglas Club" for the first time since the late eighties to witness the comeback of punk rock to Winnipeg's Point Douglas neighborhood, it was different kind of special occasion for Mr. Center of Attention. This was not his idea of course, but Zero Cause wanted to treat a new fan right and give him a new perspective for live music.


More on the Channel 3 show later, but in the meantime there was a skateboarding related celebrity sighting. 70's skateboarder, 80's skate shop owner (California Daze)...the return of Curtis Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment