Monday, January 13, 2014

Remembering Lucas

We're taking a moment out of our regularly scheduled program to remember Lucas Thorvaldson September 12, 1993 - January 11, 2014. We'll be taking many more of these moments every time we hit up any of our many local skate parks, as they are all full of memories of Lucas.

I heard about Lucas before I ever met him as I knew his mother and she was often proudly talking about her two skateboarding sons. I knew there was a Josh and a Lucas, so I had a 50/50 chance of being right the first time I saw one of brothers. "Are you Josh?" I asked. "No I'm Lucas" he replied. That was that. I asked him how often he goes to the skate park and he informed me he was usually there 8 hours a day. I watched him skate and realized that he had the talent to show his 8 hours a day was time well spent.







Lucas showed up at his local skate park one late afternoon this past October with his good friend Tyler at his side. It had been so long since I bumped in to him that I made a mention of how surprising, yet great it was to see him out and about at the skate park. I would have never imagined in a million years that would be the last time we would ever cross paths. You truly will be missed.

Our condolences go out to all your family and your so many, many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment