Sunday, May 30, 2010

Skate 4 Cancer contest... before, during and after

More often than not, I run a handful of errands on Saturdays. Today's errands consisted of picking up some light bulbs at one place and then obtaining some fabric from the local fabric store.

I'm not sure how many fabric stores this town has, but the one I use has both interesting fabric on the inside of their store and interesting people hanging out just outside of the store.

The dudes I met today appeared on the surface to be having a rough day. Then I remembered some words of wisdom shared with me years ago "If you check the paper for your name in the obituary in the morning and your name is not in it...it's already a great day!"


This picture was taken 10 minutes apart from the first picture. Somewhere in between pictures while I was inside the store there was apparently some jacket sharing going on.


If there were obituaries for birds, it would be safe to say this bird was not having a good day.


So many colours...


...so many desicions to make.


Finally...on to the skateboarding...

The main reason there was a location change for today's contest.


Marky ran the contest today. I showed up when the best trick segment was underway.


Will ripped it up on the spine ramp portion of the contest landing a 2nd place.


Justin broke out stylish run after stylish run making it look so easy as always for 1st place.


The rain stopped twice during the day...but as you can see from the clouds rushing in...not for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment