Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back on the scene. p.s. I steal purses!

I'm a bit behind in my posts as I was holding off for a photo I was hoping to receive via e-mail that has yet to arrive.

This past Sunday had a distinct high and a definite low. The low was when I was shopping at Safeway with my son and the assistant. I was in need of some leaf lettuce and a plastic bag to put it in. Some wonderfully intelligent lady parked her shopping cart in front of the bag dispenser beside the leaf lettuce so I had to reach over her cart to grab the bag. It was then when she turned around getting all bent out of shape and informed me that I was lucky she didn't hit me because she was certain I was attempting to steal her purse! Ha!

I quickly shared some choice words with her and strongly suggested she learn where to park a shopping cart so she wouldn't be forced in to these situations where she felt it so necessary to judge people so harshly without cause. I was wearing a long sleeve shirt at the time (no common criminal tattoos visible to the public eye) and my son and cart full of food were a mere few feet away. A perfect Modus Operandi for snatching old ladies bags from the local grocery store obviously!

Dear old ladies...your purses have a strap. Don your purses on your shoulders...don't leave them unattended in carts!

Now for the highlight of the day... Since I just recently just assembled my 219 to about 99% road ready I decided to cruise on over to the Pony Coral as Dennis Gage from "My Classic Car" was expected to be there. I thought the timing was right.

I haven't participated in any sort of show and shine for about 7 years. We rolled in to the parking lot and I was taken back to see Dennis Gauge bee-lining for my car to pop his head in to my window and tell me how impressed he was with my ride. It definitely made my day. To think a purse thief could impress Dennis Gage with his car. I thanked him for that and thanked him for featuring another car of mine in the opening credits for the 2002 season of his show. I guess I have officially caught his eye twice now.

For those of you who have now idea who Dennis Gage is...he's "the guy with the mustache". He also invented Pringles!


Some other sites that caught my own eye on Sunday night...


Darth Vader rod.


Interesting side mirror.


A rare and wonderful Hudson WASP


Amazing!


The end...

No comments:

Post a Comment