Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pay attention to the details...

One of the perks of being on vacation is having nothing but time. Yesterday I spent some of that time paying attention to the details...

The first part of the day after leaving the house was spent at Cousin's Deli. The bun seemed crustier than usual, but still the best veggie burger on the block.


Made our way over to a friend's house to meet up for an afternoon to be spent in the snow. Despite the pleasantly warm weather I did take time to notice this subliminal message staring me in the face reminding me of places much warmer than Winnipeg.


I also wondered how long this skeleton minus the skull has been hanging around?


This old school door bell grabbed my attention...


... I even took the time to take a closer look.


...and yes, I noticed that the Santa heads/faces in this tree were super creepy.


Skip forward past kid's "play dates", supper and beyond right to the part of my evening where my friend comes by with some vinyl to share at a much needed record listening party.

Stories or pictures of records wouldn't do any justice to the evening. Here are the highlights via their youtube versions...


Low quality video from an Accused show in Toronto circa 1989, but you get the point. Brotherhood were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment