Monday, March 7, 2011

Moving forward...

When I set out at the beginning of this year to do a project/photo story on vinyl collections I put it out there that I'd be interested to see who else was collecting what.

A friend of mine got in touch with me regarding two of his collections. One I knew about and the other I did not. I think I'm gonna save sharing the details on the one I didn't know about for when the project is completed, but in the meantime here's a peak at the most relevant collection of all so far with regards to this site.

A skateboard and skateboard related paraphernalia collection mainly composed of items from the 1960's-present. These two NOS (New Old Stock) boards were made right here in Winnipeg!


He had one box put aside to highlight the skateboard wheel evolution since it's creation. Yes that's a wood wheel!


It was an amazing and fun lesson in not only skateboard, but local skateboard history! My friend is always looking for more history and more pieces for his collection so get in touch if you have something of interest and I'll pass the info along.

No comments:

Post a Comment