Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nuclear Assault follows through.

A very long time ago (ok maybe a couple of decades ago) I was bummed out to find out Nuclear Assault wasn't going to play a show they were booked to play here in town. I regained my sense of humour when I saw someone had written in marker on one of the gig flyers on a pole downtown "waaah it's too cold to play in Winnipeg" in a cartoon speech bubble.

This time around I was excited at first when I heard they were headlining the Manitoba Metal Fest ,then quickly bummed out all over again only when I learned it was going down at last place on earth I feel like patronizing as of late...so seeing them live is going to stay on the bucket list for now. Last time, they got hung up, this time I've got hang ups.

Thanks to War On Music the day was not lost and we headed down to meet the band.


Danny


Glenn


All very nice guys.


Some band members maybe showing signs of too much speed metal over the years. For the record: His eyes aren't really like that! He's just expessing a portion of the bands sense of humor.


Danny having fun inside the store with his own sense of humour.


Everyone loves Tetris.


Chillin' with the fans. Yes...this is one fan. I assure you the store was packed full of them!


This is what "Louder, Harder, Faster" means...Nuclear Assault.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't The Bay incident occur while we were postering for that show?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed it did. I left that tidbit of information out. Border crossing is the constant reminder in my life of moments like postering for Nuclear Assault and keeping the company of Steve Young! haha. Looking in the mirror is the constant reminder that the show went on without them and I earned a scar on my chin from the seven stitches I earned that night!

    ReplyDelete