Tuesday, April 26, 2011

She had me at "do you like the Gorilla Biscuits"?

A few years ago my friend Jacqui opened my eyes up to the world of girls in skateboarding. That was the first year we were lucky enough to host the
Chicks Flip Out contest at the Plaza in Winnipeg.

One of the crews that showed up for the contest was Skate Like A Girl. Every single contestant that weekend blew me away, but I'd have to say one skater left an impression on me more than anyone else. Not because her work with SLAG said a lot about her character or her obvious skills helped her take 1st place in the contest, but because she asked me one simple question at the after party..."do you like the Gorilla Biscuits"?

I assume it was because I was wearing a band shirt that particular night that would have indicated my taste in music. Regardless, she obviously had a good taste in music as far as I was concerned. She went from rad to super rad just like that.

Kristin Ebeling 2008


Having the knowledge that Kristin was a fan of some things hardcore or punk rock it was no surprise to me to learn from the Grrls On Deck blog that Kristin was on MTV's Tue Life:"I'm Going To Skatopia".


Check out the blog for all of the Skatopia episodes and remember...don't jump back in the cesspool that people piss in!

No comments:

Post a Comment