Sunday, July 17, 2011

Change of plans

We had originally planned to start our day in Selkirk this morning, but that didn't pan out as planned due to an issue at the park. So we met up with our friends, continued north and headed to the skate park in Gimli. We had yet to check it out so we figured we've come this far...why not?

We knew there wasn't going to be much for great food options on our way to the beach towns so we stopped off at a place that wasn't scared to tell you straight up what they were all about...Salty's


For all I know "Salty" is someone's name or maybe a reference to the owner's personality? Regardless...we stocked up on the healthy stuff!


Side note to my friend (the PGF)...those weren't my French Fries! After "lunch" we headed to the park...


It was a short lived experience due to the heat so we fixed that problem and took a drive back to Winnipeg Beach.


The cool down commenced...


...then we returned to the park. We had a hunch our friend Brennan would be hanging out at the beach..so we met up with him at the park.

50-50 up the hubba.


Back tail with the sun beating down on his back.


That was a glimpse of Gimli in photos...here's a glimpse in words:

I made three purchases in Gimli today. Some drinks at a gas station, some food at the grocery store and some gas at another gas station. I know customer service is lacking these days in general in retail all over the place, but I'd like to make note... Not once during all three of those transactions did anyone ask how I was, say please when asking for the money I work hard for that I was about to give to them, nor say thank you when I handed it over.

Gimli...someone needs to teach you a lesson in manners and common courtesy. So there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment