Sunday, November 17, 2013

About Face

Just like Polaroids used to be utilized for a "lighting test" when film was the only option, I often shoot "lighting tests" with the DSLR before proceeding with shooting film. Why not! Film is expensive and so it calibrating my light meter!

As facial expressions can be so different from one fraction of a second to another, you may find it hard to choose between the lighting test shots and the "planned shot".

While sifting through the lighting test shots of our family-friend Laurien that I shot before she returned to Germany this past summer, it reminded me how much the facial expression can change the whole tone of an image.


In the end, I was still happy with the intended shot, using Ilford Delta 400 shot with the Nikon FM2.


That's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment