Thursday, February 11, 2010

Test Drive

I was given a chance to test drive this Canon 7 Leica Screw Mount Rangefinder made between 1961-1965


equipped with a 50mm 1.4 lens


I shot some portraits with a roll of Delta 400 and the results were amazing. I will admit to never being a fan of anything Canon (not even the photcopier at work), but I fell in love with this camera! I shot a roll of Delta 400 a few months back with a Voigtländer and enjoyed the results much more from the Canon 7. I will note that it wasn't an "apple to apple" comparison as the lens I was using on the Voigtländer was too wide for the rangefinder adapter, thus only being able to focus by distance which can be challenging.

If you'd like to see the results of ths portraits I shot with the Canon 7, please e-mail me. In the meantime, I documented a visit of "Peg Bundy" with the Canon

No comments:

Post a Comment